Thank you to the generous contributors to the Jefferson County MAP Youth Member Fund!
A special thank you to the folks below who contributed to a fund that will be split among youth members in the MAP project that completed all the requirements to help with the costs of their project in 2020.
American Family Insurance – Lake Mills
Anew Insurance Agency
Banco Insurance Agency
Bank First – Watertown
Bill & Becky Hulstein Family
BMO Harris Bank
Broedlow CPA Services, LLC
Complete Feed Service
Dettmann Dairy Farms
Dodge Concrete, Inc
Dolph Dairy LLC
First Citizens State Bank
Fort Community Credit Union
Gallitz Grading, Inc
Grand Oaks Farm
Highway Crest Farm
Insight FS – Ixonia
Jacobson Crane Service
Jefferson Veterinary Clinic
Mike & Sarah Walter
Randy Schopen Foundation
Seven Star Farm
The Corral Trailer Sales
The Scharine Group Inc
TVL Trucking Inc.
Vita Plus – Lake Mills
- Beef – In the beef project you can learn how to select market quality animals, select proper feed, identify different beef breeds, and gain herd management skills. You will also have the chance to learn about carcass value on market beef. This project is filled with many hands-on activities.
- Sheep – The sheep project allows members to identify sheep breeds and body parts, observe sheep behavior, and identify uses of wool and other by-products. Project members will learn how to select desirable sheep and how to fit and show sheep.
- Swine – Enjoy learning about different swine breeds, anatomy of swine, and how to select the correct feed for swine. Also, in this project members will have a chance to practice judging market hogs.
The below email was sent through 4honline on Wednesday, September 16, 2020:
The 2020-2021 Meat Animal Project year is kicking off! The Meat Animal Project Committee met earlier in the month and drafted the 2020-2021 Handbook, Bylaws and Agreement Form. The drafts of these documents are now posted on the Meat Animal Project website under the tab “MAP Handbook, Bylaws & Agreement”. Here is the link to the MAP webpage: https://jefferson.extension.wisc.edu/4-h-youth-development/4-h-projects/map-pages/
The MAP Committee would appreciate project families and members reviewing and providing feedback on these documents. Highlighted yellow changes are project changes for the new year. Please review the entire document for your feedback.
Feedback may be sent to any committee member, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Feedback must be received prior to the next MAP Committee meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. The Committee’s agenda will include the approval of these items.
On behalf of the MAP Committee,
Information coming soon for project year 2020-2021.
2020-2021 Meat Animal Project Committee Members
|Beef Representative, Adult||Scott Keppen*, Vice Chair||920-988-2306|
|Beef Representative, Adult||Justin Thom, Chair||262-490-1313|
|Beef Representative, Youth||Morgan Bauer*||916-308-8933|
|Beef Representative, Youth||Anna Koehler*||920-728-6040|
|Sheep Representative, Adult||Karl Winkelman*||920-253-9541|
|Sheep Representative, Adult||Bob Knapp||920-988-5761|
|Sheep Representative, Youth||Ellie Winkelman*||920-261-8486|
|Sheep Representative, Youth||Dakota Knapp*||920-988-5761|
|Swine Representative, Adult||Rachel Thom, Treasurer||920-728-5144|
|Swine Representative, Adult||Scot Strauss*||920-988-8101|
|Swine Representative, Youth||MacKenzie Thom*, Reporter||920-723-7998|
|Swine Representative, Youth||Mackenzie (Mack) Mattke*||920-650-0297|
|Dairy Representative, Adult|
|Dairy Representative, Youth|
|Member-at-Large||Katelyn Thom*, Secretary||920-728-4561|
|FFA Representative||Brian Bauer*||916-308-8933|
|Business Representative||Cheryl Splinter*||262-490-3039|
* Terms expire in 2021.
The Extension Office works hard to update the data log when documents are turned in. This log is maintained to assist project members to know what documents they have turned in and what documents are still needed. If you have questions about or disagree with the information the data log contains, please contact the Extension Office at 920-674-7295 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
2020-2021 MAP Data Log
2020-2021 Calendar coming soon!
- MAP 20-21 Draft Bylaws (to be approved at the October 13, 2020 meeting, major changes are highlighted)
- MAP 2020 2021 Draft Handbook (to be approved at the October 13, 2020 meeting, major changes are highlighted. Please note: Dates and project information printed in the handbook may not be most current due to COVID-19 updates. Please check the calendar and refer to project emails/communication for most up to date information.)
- 2020-2021 Member Agreement Draft (to be approved at the October 13, 2020 meeting, major changes are highlighted)
- 2020-21 Point Card
**Educational Point Card runs from June 1, 2020 – May 28, 2021. **
- Completed educational point cards must be turned in by May 28, 2021 to the Extension Office by 4:00 pm. Point cards received in the drop box after 4 p.m. will be considered late.
- See Educational Point Card for point values.
- Please be sure that everything you put on the card is pre-approved, signed and legible. Dairy related clinics and judging do not count.
- Members in grades 3rd – 8th must earn at least four points.
- Members in grades 9th – 12th must earn at least six points.
- All members must be YQCA certified.
- All members must obtain one carcass educational point; grade 13 members are exempt.
- Grade 13 Project members are exempt from the educational point card requirements.
- Youth that serve on the MAP Committee are exempt from completing the educational point card but are still required to complete the mandatory points such as the carcass educational and YQCA certification.
Other Opportunities for Points
Events not listed on the point card must be pre-approved by the committee in order for them to count as points. Please contact the committee chairperson or the Extension Office before the monthly committee meeting to have your event approved. All educational points must be completed and approved by May 28, 2021.
Dairy Judging, World Dairy Expo, Dairy Bowl and Project Animal Sales are a few items that are not included and do not count for points in the MAP Project.
Signatures on Point Cards:
- All MAP Committee members may sign point cards. At MAP sponsored events, MAP Committee members will stamp point cards with the MAP approved stamp and initial/date the card at the end of the event.
- For any other even that is pre-approved, please have a presenter or coordinator from the event clearly print their name and sign it. We would appreciate them adding a phone number also so that the event may be verified.
- Herd Management: Signature should be a club project leader, club general leader or MAP Committee member that has verified requirements. A child’s parent may not sign their point card for herd management.
- MAP Committee adult members will verify points and signatures as cards are turned in at their next scheduled meeting.
- YQCA Certification is required to sell in the sale but is not required as a point requirement for the card/project.
- No youth should sign their own point card.
Record Books for 2019-20 MAP Year are OPTIONAL.
If you opt to hand in a record book, please follow these guidelines.
- If you were in the MAP Project last year, you must have completed a record book by September 6, 2019.
- If you sign a MAP member agreement and identify an animal either at a weigh-in or through DNA tag option, you are considered an active member of the MAP Project and must turn in a record book by September 4, 2020. Even if your identified animal(s) is not shown at the 2020 Fair and/or sold in the 2020 MAP Sale you must still turn in a record book.
- Your required record book must be completed for the animal you sold in the MAP Sale. If you did not sell in the 2020 MAP Sale, your record book can be completed for any animal you identified. It is not required that you create a record book for each animal or each specie you exhibited; only 1 record book is required.
- Record books must be turned in complete. If your record book is deemed 50% incomplete, the MAP Committee will review your record book as a committee. Members who turn in record books that are not complete will sell at the END OF THE SALE.
- Record Books for 2019-20 are due September 4, 2020 by 4 pm. Record books received after 4 pm in the drop box are considered late.
- Record books will be judged only by adult committee members.
Record Books (All record books due to EXT Office by 4 p.m. on Sept. 4, 2020)
Junior Livestock and Dairy Auction – Saturday, July 10, 2021
- Marketing Your Livestock Project: Guide for Youth and Families
- 2021 MAP Online Buyer Card
- 2021 MAP Buyer Card
- 2021 MAP Sale Brochure
- 2021 MAP Sale Catalog
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 YOUTH LIVESTOCK & DAIRY AUCTION BUYERS!
|Advantage Mechanical||Gallitz Grading, Inc||Katzman Farms Inc||Probst Insurance Agency||Syngenta Seeds|
|American Family Insurance||Gaugert’s Mobil||Kauer Farms LLC||Property Services, Inc.||Tanis Construction|
|American Family Insurance||Generation Farms||KayCee||Randy Schopen Foundation||The Bill Stade Auction & Realty Co|
|Anew Insurance Agency Inc||Gericke Plumbing||KCR Farms||RE/MAX Shine||The Corral Trailer Sales|
|Anfang Farms LLC||Go-Sho Cattle Co||Ken Clark Family||Rick & Marilyn Leccese||The Scharine Group|
|ARYV||Grand Oaks Farm||Lake Mills Market||RMA Trucking||Theisen’s|
|Avoidance Acres||Griffin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram||Lemke Milk Hauling||Robert Lemke Farm||Thompson & Company CPA’s|
|Awaken||Griffin Ford Lincoln||Lemke Motorsports||Robin’s Trucking||Tile Creations|
|Badger Basement Systems||Griffin Repair LLC||Lemke Trucking LLC||Rock River Plumbing LLC||TimPer Farms|
|Blue Diamond Family Dental||Ground Affects Landscaping Inc||LongView Grange Farm||Rock Valley Enterprises Inc||Topel’s Lakeside Park|
|Brantmeier Farm Hebron||Haberman Family||Luker’s Trucking||Ronald Ulsberger||Traub Chiropractic|
|C & I Vacuum Specialists, LLC||Haberman Investments LLC||Maas Brothers Construction||Ron’s Market||Tri County Dairy Supply|
|Classic Homes & Remodeling Inc||Havey Trucking||Matt Jablonski||Rosy Lane Holsteins LLC||TVL Trucking|
|Complete Feed Service LLC||Heideman’s Carpentry||Midwest Electric||Rural Mutual Insurance – Watertown||Universal Coop Assn|
|Concord General Store||Helenville Mutual Insurance Co||Milford Hills Hunt Club||Rural Mutual Insurance – Lake Mills||Wally’s Feed & Supply|
|D.D. Schultz Trucking LLC||HEPTA’s Inc.||Morris Farms LLC||Ryan’s Auto Care||Waterloo FFA Alumni|
|Dave’s Turf & Marine||Hi-Low Farm LLC||NASCO||S & R Egg Farm||Watertown Agribusiness Club|
|Delta Electric||Innerpak of Wisconsin||Neuberger, Griggs, Sweet & Schrier||Schneider-Michaelis Funeral Home LLC||Waupun Equipment Co Inc|
|Dettmann Dairy Farm||J & S Farms||Nitardy Funeral Home||Seven Star Farm||Whitetail Concrete LLC|
|Edward Jones – Jefferson||Jaeckel Bros Inc||Palmyra Storage||Shea T Acres||Whitewater Vet Clinic|
|Evenson Farms||Jeff Schopen||Partnership Bank / Bank First||Shorewest Realtors – Watertown||WI Milkcaps|
|Exact House LLC||Jefferson County AgriBusiness||Pernat’s Premium Meats||Smithback Farms / Pioneer Seeds||Wiedenfeld Dairy Farms|
|Festival Foods||Jefferson Current Electric||Pioneer Roofing LLC||Spangler Seedtech||Wyffels Seed|
|Fields Accounting & Tax LLC||Jefferson FFA Alumni||Pizza Pit of Lake Mills||Statz Farms / Statz Contracting||Zeeland Farm Services|
|First Weber – Sun Prairie||Jefferson Vet Clinic||Platinum Executive Realty||Stenjem Acres||Zick’s Auto Fix|
|Forward Mutual Insurance Co||JM Carpets||Premier Bank of Fort Atkinson||Sunshine Genetics|
|Frank Organic Feed & Supply||Jones Dairy Farm||Premiere Couture||Suzy’s Country Acres|
Previous Years Sale Brochures:
The next meeting of the Meat Animal Project Committee will be on Tuesday, October 13 at 7 p.m. via Zoom. Please see the agenda that includes the link information below.
Stay tuned for information coming soon!
The Meat Animal Project Committee receives educational support from the 4-H Youth Educator and the Extension Jefferson County Office, 864 Collins Road, Jefferson, WI 53549. When you have any questions regarding your meat animal project, contact one of the committee members or the Extension Office. The Extension office may choose to contact a committee member with your question. Your Extension contact is Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 920-674-7297.