2019-2020 Theme – The Head H
The contest theme is “The Head H.” The first “H” in 4–H stands for Head; “Head to clearer thinking.” One of the key concepts in 4–H is education; allowing youth the opportunity to learn new things through projects and programs. The Head H can also be described as problem solving, life skill development, responsibility, and using reason to make decisions. Here are some ideas to think about when forming your speech and poster idea…
- What does the first H, representing the Head, mean to you?
- How has 4-H encouraged you to use your Head?
- How do you embody the Head H?
All 4-H members and families are invited to attend this activity. Be an active audience/member. Check out the great posters and listen to speeches. This annual county-wide program is open to all 4-H members. We hope that all 4-H members and Cloverbuds will seriously consider participating. It is a great opportunity for FUN and learning. Remember that Cloverbuds and 4-H members can participate in both the poster and public speaking contests.
County Fair Participation
If you want to receive Fair Premium money on your speech, please follow these steps.
- Before March 1, enroll in 4honline for the Speaking project.
- Enroll your entry with your County Fair Entries (Dept. 31, Class A, Lot #C appropriate to your entry & age) by Fair entry due date.
- Prepare to give your presentation during Fair according to the Fair schedule. This can be your Special Emphasis presentation repeated or a completely new presentation. You will be judged and “premium” money will be awarded.
2019’s Winning Poster by Dakota Knapp – Ixonia Victory
2018’s Winning Poster by Colleen Wilson – Farmington All Stars
2017’s Winning Poster by Hanna Brattlie – Lake Ripley