UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, the Jefferson County Extension Office has temporarily suspended private pesticide testing at this time. Please contact 920-674-7297 or email@example.com and provide you name, phone and email. Kim will develop a list and contact you once testing is available again.
———- COVID-19 RESPONSES ———-
03/22/2020: For questions about certification, licensing, testing, regulations and pesticide laws please contact the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about certification training materials please contact the UW PAT Program at email@example.com.
03/18/2020: Certification testing temporarily suspended. The Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Release. “If your certification expires January 31-May 31, 2020, DATCP is extending your certification until June 30, 2020. You can continue to operate as a certified applicator until June 30, 2020.”
“New applicators who are eligible can submit a 30-Day Temporary Trainee Registration Form to work under the supervision of a certified applicator. The 30-day limit will be extended until June 30, 2020, for all temporary registration applications received March 18-June 1, 2020.”
Please refer to the DATCP website for additional information.
Private Pesticide training materials may be purchased at the Extension, Jefferson County Office during office hours which are 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The cost is $30 per individual. Checks may be made out to: EXT Jefferson County. Credit cards are not accepted. The certification fee includes all the training materials and certification for 5 years.
The Jefferson County 2020 Training Classes have already been held. You may still obtain your Private Pesticide Certification through the self-study option. Simply come in to the office and purchase your materials. Then, contact us to set up a time to take your exam when you are ready.
WDATCP Websites, PACS, and Contact Info:
- Pesticide certification and licensing information
- Find pesticide products registered for use in WI
- Locate WI licensed dealers and licensed application businesses
- Find WI certified applicators (by name, by county, by category)
PAT Websites and Contact Info
- Information on manuals, training, and the different categories.
- Commerial applicators may order traning manuals, videos, register for sessions
- Private applicators may order the Fruit Crops and Greenhouse & Nursery manuals, and the subcategory manuals (General Farming manual only from Extension office)