The purpose of the Association in cooperation with the Jefferson County 4-H Youth Development Educator is to provide the essential opportunities and supports for positive youth development through quality educational 4-H programs.
Meeting Dates – The 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM at the Extension Office (unless otherwise noted)
Association – August, October, March, May
Board – September, November, February, April, June
Meeting Agendas and Minutes-
|Jessica Pfeifer, President||Stable Stompers|
|Alyssa Jaquith, Past President||Stone School|
|Susie Schuld, President-Elect||Twin Rivers|
|Emilie Shoop, Secretary||Jefferson Boosters|
|Warren Stendel, Treasurer||Sullivan Stars|
|Becki Durkee, Director 2023||Lake Ripley|
|Megan Lundy, Director 2023||Cream of the Crop|
|Rob Thomas, Director 2023||Duck Creek|
|Jeff West, Director 2023||Lucky Clovers|
|Dustin Winkelman, Director 2022||Independent|
|Adult Director, vacant|
|Youth Director, vacant|
Due March 16, 2022 to the Extension Office
- Be a present Jefferson County 4-H member.
- Have been a 4-H member for the last 4 consecutive years.
- Be a high school senior or graduate and enrolled in 4-H the year they are filing this application.
- Planning to enter a post high school college or degree program or may already be in attendance.
Fund Request Form (PDF) – if you are looking to request funds from the Leaders Association please fill out this form and return it at least one week before a Leaders Association meeting or a Leaders Association Board Meeting
Candidacy for Director on the Leader Board (to run for Director on the Association Leader’s Board)
A Nominating Committee consists of three members and is chaired by the Past President. The committee will recruit and present the candidates for office at the April Board meeting and will publish their statement of candidacy in the 4-H newsletter prior to the election of directors at the May Association meeting. Candidates must be members in good standing who have served as a leader for at least one year immediately preceding the election.
Pizza and Pie Fundraiser
Purpose: To raise funds to further the 4-H program. Profit is shared between the 4-H Leader’s Association and participating clubs.
Sale Period: August through September 23.
Due Date: Individual/Family orders are due to EXT by September 26 via an online form.
Thank you for those of you who have supported and continue to support these redemption offers!
Jefferson County 4-H Project Grant Application 2022-23
Applications due by 4 pm on September 1, 2022.
The Jefferson County 4-H Leaders Association sponsors the opportunity for youth to apply for grant funding to support their project work for the upcoming 4-H year. Youth may apply for multiple projects, but are only eligible to be awarded one project grant annually. Number of project grants awarded depends on available funds. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon by the Grant Award Committee.
- Grants will be awarded for initiating or improving project program.
- Recipients will be determined by the grants award committee, based on this application information. The Leaders Association will award 10-15 grants.
- All grants are in the form of cash awards (checks) issued to recipients.
- All grants are paid to the recipient with the understanding that the award funds will be used to meet expenses of improving or starting their project.
- All grant monies must be expensed by August 31, 2023.
- It is understood that anyone awarded a Project Grant will complete a Final Report in order to be eligible for any future Project Grants. Final Report will explain how your grant funding was utilized for your project.
- Application MUST be completed in full.
- Current year application must be utilized.
- Applicant must be in 3rd through 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Applicant must be a current member of Jefferson County 4-H Program.
- Application must be signed by applicant, parent/guardian and club leader.
- No other materials outside of application may be attached.
- Limit one grant per 4-H’er per 4-H/project year.
- Beginner (1-4 years in project)
- Intermediate (5-8 years in project)
- Advanced (9-12 years in project)
- Recipients will be notified by the Extension, Jefferson County Office by email and letter in December.
How to Apply:
- Complete the entire form through Seamless Docs (electronically).
- Upload one photograph related to your project. The applicant is requested to be in the photo.
- Applications must be turned in by 4 p.m. on September 1, 2023.
4-H Project Grant Application (Seamless docs)
4-H Project Grant Application (pdf file) ** This form can be used to download when completing the application online. All grants should be completed online.
- There are 4-H Activities at the club, county, state and national level. All levels have a variety of projects and events. Youth an adults can get involved at any level in a variety of ways, depending on your interest and available time. For more information, contact the 4-H Educator at the Jefferson County Extension Office at 920-674-7295.
- Get involved in the 4-H Leaders’ Association
- Give to the 4-H Endowment Fund