Jefferson County 4-H Dairy Committee provides educational opportunities and supports the principles of positive youth development through educational programs relating to the dairy industry. Through such activities as dairy bowl, dairy judging, exhibiting at County and State Fair and other experiences both within Jefferson County and elsewhere. Youth will learn communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- The Dairy Committee meets on the last Monday of each month except for December, July and August. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at the Extension, Jefferson County Office in Jefferson.
Dairy Committee Officers
- Chairperson: Bill Uecker (920) 285-9125
- Vice Chairperson:
To-Do at Home
- Learn about feeding and caring for your animal, animal selection, showmanship and dairy cattle judging by visiting the following websites: Holstein Foundation, Hoard Dairyman, All-American Dairy Show.
- Work on studying and identifying parts of the dairy cow
- Review the PDCA Showmanship Evaluation Card
Dairy Handbook & By-Laws
Dairy Committee Bylaws (Revised 10/27/21)
Dairy Project Point Card
2022-23 Dairy Point Card
James Crowley, Scholarship & Grant Opportunities
2023 Dairy Youth Grant Application & Guidelines (pdf)
2023 Dairy Youth Grant Application & Guidelines (Word Doc)
Jefferson County Dairy Youth Scholarship (Word Doc)
Jefferson County James Crowley 2022 Application (pdf fillable)