Jefferson County 4-H Dairy Committee provides educational opportunities and supports the principles of positive youth development through educational programs relating to the dairy industry. Through such activities as dairy bowl, dairy judging, exhibiting at County and State Fair and other experiences both within Jefferson County and elsewhere. Youth will learn communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- The Dairy Committee meets on the last Monday of each month except for December, July and August. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at the Extension, Jefferson County Office in Jefferson.
- Chairperson: Zach Tolzman
- Vice Chairperson:
- Learn about feeding and caring for your animal, animal selection, showmanship and dairy cattle judging by visiting the following websites: Holstein Foundation, Hoard Dairyman, All-American Dairy Show.
- Work on studying and identifying parts of the dairy cow
- Review the PDCA Showmanship Evaluation Card
2022-23 Dairy Point Card
Dairy Youth Grant Application & Guidelines (Word Doc)
Jefferson County Dairy Youth Scholarship (Word Doc)