2019 Theme – Generations of Farm Pride
The 4-H Special Emphasis Program is an excellent educational tool that adds fun and direction tot he year-round community club program. A theme is selected annually. This year’s theme, “Generations of Farm Pride” can serve as a building block for clubs to plan their educational programs. Members are encouraged to think broadly about their topic.
- Poster Contest – entries are due Friday, February 8, 2019 by 4 p.m.
- Speech Contest – entries are due Friday, February 15, 2019 by 4 p.m. Special Emphasis Speech Registration (Google Form)
- Poster & Speech Event – Monday, February 25, 2019 starting at 5 p.m.
- Club Record Books are due September 6, 2019 (a collection of your club’s activities)
All 4-H members and families are invited to attend this activity. Be an active audience/member. Check out the great posters and listen to speeches. This annual county-wide program is open to all 4-H members. We hope that all 4-H members and Cloverbuds will seriously consider participating. It is a great opportunity for FUN and learning. Remember that Cloverbuds and 4-H members can participate in both the poster and public speaking contests.
County Fair Participation
If you want to receive Fair Premium money on your speech, please follow these steps.
- Before March 1, enroll in 4honline for the Speaking project.
- Enroll your entry with your County Fair Entries (Dept. 31, Class A, Lot #C appropriate to your entry & age) by Fair entry due date.
- Prepare to give your presentation during Fair according to the Fair schedule. This can be your Special Emphasis presentation repeated or a completely new presentation. You will be judged and “premium” money will be awarded.
2019’s Winning Poster by Dakota Knapp – Ixonia Victory
2018’s Winning Poster by Colleen Wilson – Farmington All Stars
2017’s Winning Poster by Hanna Brattlie – Lake Ripley